Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tony's Take: It is just common sense...

Hello everyone, Tony here. I have been planning on making a little weekly write-up for the Goo-Dee-Bag for some time, and now that our hosting website has been down for most of the week I figured there is no time better than now. So, expect to see at least something small from me in the upcoming weeks (though probably not on Thursdays).

While working today, I happened to count no less than fifteen separate traffic stops, I guess it must be quota time again. One stop happened to catch my eye though. During what was definitely a routine stop I noticed the officer take the driver out of the car. Then shortly after the cop takes the man’s jacket and pulls out a small green box, with that you knew he was screwed. Handcuffs on, things got serious. It made me ask myself though, how was he caught? I mean seriously, why would you carry narcotics in your jacket pocket while driving?

To be frank, I am not going to the corner bodega and picking up a kilo of coke, so I have no real world experience in this field, but it still seems like it would be common sense to put the drugs elsewhere (like say in that space behind your glove-box). It made me ask the question “why is it people involved in the drug trade get caught doing the most stupid things possible?” Just last week there was a grow house in the Bronx that was busted because it was consuming the same amount of power as an entire city block. Once again, I am not a grower, but seriously, how do you not understand that it is a huge tell when your grow house is consuming that much power? Do you really think the power company doesn’t check?

I know it is not the entire industry either. A couple episodes back we talked about the cocaine hidden in a fake diplomatic pouch. That idea is absolute Genius, and yet for every story I read about that there are twenty about a grow house being busted because either the smell was overpowering, or they were consuming too much power. So here is my common sense advice to the average grower 1: Instead of using city power, use a generator, nobody will question it running 24/7 because presumably your professional grow house does not have cable or phone, and everyone will just assume you are a survivalist.

But that is just my take…

1: The Goo-Dee-Bag does not in any way endorse or recommend becoming a drug dealer/grower/user, only to use common sense

No comments:

Post a Comment